Proposals will be accepted from organizations based in Northeast Ohio, primarily those that have a significant impact on Cuyahoga County. Proposals from organizations located outside of northeast Ohio will be considered only if invited by a Trustee.
Our Foundation offers support of Cleveland-area nonprofit organizations, programs and services that are community-driven. We award grants for the following purposes:
- Operating support
- Programmatic support
- Capacity building
- Capital support
The Foundation typically limits awarding of grants to one per 12 month period per organization.
To be eligible for support, an organization must be:
- Tax-exempt or operate under the fiscal sponsorship of a tax-exempt nonprofit
- Consistent with one or more of our focus areas
- Operated and organized so that it does not discriminate in the hiring of staff or provision of services on the basis of race, religion, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability.
- Grants to individuals
- Sectarian religious activity
- Individual scholarships or grants, even if through an otherwise qualified organization
- Endowment funds
- Debt reduction
- Foreign operations or expenditures
- National fundraising campaigns or mass mailing campaigns
- Membership in civic organizations or trade associations
- Fraternal societies
- Funds for sponsorships for fundraising events, award events, banquets, golf outings, purchases of event tickets, etc.
- Private foundations or public charities with a non-private foundation status of 509(a)(3). If you are unsure of your 509(a) status, please consult your tax adviser.
- Annual support to local or national offices of organizations whose stated purpose is to combat a particular disease or family of diseases
- Organizations that do not provide services to Northeast Ohio or whose missions fall outside our Program Areas