The Char and Chuck Fowler Family Foundation supports tax-exempt, 501(c)(3) organizations. The Foundation typically limits awarding of grants to one per 12 month period, per organization.
To be eligible for support, an organization must be:
- 501(c)(3) tax-exempt or operate under the ﬁscal sponsorship of a tax-exempt nonproﬁt
- Consistent with one or more of our grantmaking focus areas
- Operated and organized so that it does not discriminate in the hiring of staff or provision of services on the basis of race, religion, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability
Organizations and projects most aligned with our priorities will:
- Demonstrate efforts to achieve inclusive and equitable programming in their work and within the organization.
- Include stakeholders in relevant aspects of their work and decision-making and elevate existing community assets whenever possible.
- Incorporate racial justice and equity in their day-to-day operations.
- Understand the importance of advocacy and policy change to take a systemic approach to promoting justice.
- Demonstrate the uniqueness of their specific organization’s work in light of the larger landscape. We welcome and prioritize innovation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the intersectional nature of social problems in the area and take a root-causes approach to addressing them.
Success is not the only outcome for which we are hoping. We value learning and bravery in innovation, as they, too, are accomplishments!
We will prioritize applicants that can demonstrate a thoughtful, inclusive and equitable approach to their work and involvement within the communities they serve.